Friday, August 19, 2011

*Contented Sigh* and counting blessings

Can I just say, life is amazing?

Eric and I saw a movie theater today, and as I walked into the breezy evening, I felt *amazing*. I was so happy. So content.

I have a husband who loves me, and makes me laugh. I live in a great city. I work with nice people who are funny and concerned about lifting others up. I am making a life out of doing what I love. A fabulous new toy arrived today :D. A fabulous new project is going to fill my evenings, and I get to dance again. I've been married for a year and will happily celebrate that with my hubby by crossing something off our bucket list. I get to go back and see my family and friends again. I helped a bride feel all glowy on her special day. I understand people with different beliefs better. I feel loved. I feel happy giving love.

Life ain't perfect. Not by a long stretch. There's still the day to day aggra, (um, aggravation, sorry, that's a ballroom term), people who drive you nuts, the dishes you wish you didn't have to do, traits I see in myself that I want to change, and interpersonal relationships to work out. Details are always lurking in the background. But every now and again-- like tonight-- I step back and revel in a moment. It's a lovely moment. The other shoe will probably come crashing down sooner or later, but just for right now, I'm going to close my eyes and breathe it in.

*Happy sigh *

Love you all-

Ps-- I realize that everyone has challenges and icky stuff to deal with, including some of my beloveds who may be reading this, and I hope that this post doesn't come off as pointing out how great one situation is compared to how hard someone else's trials are. Rather, it's recognizing that you can have a moment where life, for a second, is just grand, before it swings back into madness. I'm not discounting your blessings or my trials ('cuz trust me, I still have 'em, and some of these blessings aren't going to stay blessings for long!).... I'm just picking up a moment and holding it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment