Monday, August 22, 2011

Theater Update

WOOOO!!!

First rehearsal with the whole cast tonight for Oklahoma-- it's going to be so good! We burned through the music very quickly, and the cast sounds wonderful. Everyone picks up fast, and the music director is talented and very funny. The other cast members are personable, and I can tell some of them will be very close friends.

AND..... the director asked me to dance for Dream Laurie!

For anyone who hasn't seen the musical, there's a part where she has a dream about the two guys competing for her, and the dream ballet has a ton of lifts and really cool stuff. Zach said I had rocked the audition so well, and looked like a real ballet dancer enough (even though I was bs-ing the ballet off of a week-long stint at BYU before I dropped the class) that he wanted to put me in rather than finding an outside dancer. Woohoo!

Accordingly, I will now be singing up for an actual ballet class :D

I'm stoked!


No comments:

Post a Comment